Thursday 22 December 2011

Gingivitis


These photos were taken back in 2006, ever wondered why I constantly cover my mouth? (more like, half my face LOL)

Hi everybooty! I'm here to talk about Gingivitis, also known as Gum disease. I've started noticing this during my Secondary/HighSchool days and didn't make an effort to go to the dentist to get it sorted out until years later. So it got pretty worse. My gums swelled up and bits of it were sticking out which looked like they were trying to peel off everytime I eat something (pretty disgusting, right?). And it bleeds alot when I brush my teeth or eat solid food. It wasn't painful, it just looked nasty xD I didn't think I could be cured so I never told my parents about it. But they've noticed that I kept covering my mouth when I'm smiling. Same goes for the other kids in school, at one point they saw my swollen gums and asked me what was wrong with them. They kept calling me "Bleeding Gums Murphy" (A character from The Simpsons). I didn't know what to say because at that time ..I didn't know what it was called either xD After 3-4 years, bits of my gums started to look like they were gonna fall off ..I dunno why I kept poking it. (gross!) I confronted my mum and she booked an appointment to the dentist right away. After 2 weeks of jabs, getting my gums chopped off and replaced with a gel which regenerated my gums to its normal state, everything is back to normal. My orthodontist said I shouldn't have waited so long to get it treated because I could've lost my teeth at an early age. It's been 2 years and I havn't experienced the same problem again. So what I'm trying to say is ..If you're going through a similar problem or experiencing pain, go see the dentist ASAP and don't wait for YEARS like me :P